These are major changes to the website, and do not include incremental updates to ongoing modeling projects.
- 19 June 2020: Added Is versus Was.
- 16 May 2020: Added Oil Stains.
- 15 March 2020: Added A Grateful Follower and the White
River & Northern VIII.
- 20 February 2020: Added My Future in Model Railroading.
- 11 February 2020: Substantially expanded the Forever Layout
sub-site, adding pages detailing virtually every structure and piece of rolling stock I'll be modeling.
- 18 December 2019: Added Social Modeling.
- 17 December 2019: Substantially compressed, revised and reorganized the Forever Layout
sub-site (a.k.a. The Black River & Western).
- 13 October 2019: Keeping up with the site reboot theme, I've reinstated nearly all of the original
Jersey City Industrial site. Note that some images/links/pages may not be functional—I'm working to restore them.
- 5 October 2019: As a follow-up to the James River Branch reboot, I also reinstated nearly all of the original
White River and Northern site, which encompasses
300 pages and close to 1,000 images. Note that some images/links/pages may not be functional—I'm working to restore them.
- 1 October 2019: After getting requests for modeling information about the James River Branch, rather than keep updating the
abridged version of the site, I simply resurrected nearly all of the original
James River Branch site, which encompasses
nearly 350 pages and well over 4,000 images. Note that some images/links/pages may not be functional—I'm working to restore them.
- 14 September 2019: With work under way on the
Black River & Western, I've added a new chapter on Modeling.
- 25 May 2019: Added the T-Trak
- 15 April 2019: Added the Fort Hanover commissioned layout
- 1 April 2019: The Newport & Rock Falls II sub-site has been greatly expanded
- 26 March 2019: Added the Newport & Rock Falls II
- 22 March 2019: The
Black River & Western sub-website has been greatly expanded
- 19 March 2019: Found two photos of my N-Trak Module, and updated the Layouts, Modules and Dioramas
- 17 March 2019: The Black River & Western has a
- 12 March 2019: The Black River & Western has a
new track plan
- 1 March 2019: added a new chapter to the saga of the
- 11 October 2018: added a site map
- 23 August 2018: added the Railwire Traveling Baggage Car
- 4 August 2018: finished the Corner Buildings
- 26 July 2018: finished Dave's Auto Repair
- 18 July 2018: finished Stock Tower
- 8 July 2018: Attempting to be authentic with the Penn Central Stockton Branch
- 5 July 2018: Added a wonderful Letter of Appreciation
- 4 July 2018: Added yet another new chapter for the Penn Central Stockton Branch
- 2 July 2018: Added a new chapter for the Penn Central Stockton Branch
- 30 June 2018: Added a lot of new images of the kitbashing I did for the Jersey City Industrial Railroad
- 21 June 2018: Began work on the Postage Stamp Central
- 18 June 2018: Just launched The Birth of N Scale
- 8 June 2018: Took my first pass at updating some of the links pages
- 26 May 2018: T Gauge Headquarters has been recovered, thanks to an anonymous modeler who'd
copied the entire site back in 2014; I've also restored Online Modeling Resources
- 24 May 2018: There was no reason to keep David's Track Planning Ideas and
David's Modeling Reference as separate websites, so I've rolled them into this one
- 14 April 2018: Added an article about DIY DC (Decent Cheap) throttles
- 20 March 2018: Greatly expanded the Gorre & Daphetid, adding over two dozen new pages as well as
over 200 new images, many never-before-published
- 17 March 2018: Added my N Scale Magazine Cover
- 15 March 2018: Added the Powered Hi-Rail and Magazine Articles
- 14 March 2018: Added the story of the Frankenshay, as well as ancient slides
and color pinhole images of the White River & Northern I; also added the
Christmas Tree Stand
- 12 March 2018: Updated my modeling biography with an appearance in Model Railroad News
- 10 March 2018: Added several new structures for the Penn Central Stockton Branch
- 28 February 2018: Expanded the Somewhere in New Jersey diorama construction; also added the
crossing gates and the stoplights of the White River & Northern IV
- 27 February 2018: Added Code 25 Turnout
- 21 February 2018: Finally got the NJ Railroads N Scale Products Database organized
- 14 February 2018: Added the enginehouse from the White River & Northern IV
- 29 January 2018: Added New Animated Gas Station
- 27 January 2018: Added LED/Small Motor Tester/Evaluator
- 26 January 2018: Restructured navigation for all of the layout pages
- 24 January 2018: Introducing the Greystone & Rock Bottom RR
- 22 January 2018: I was reminded by a friend of another diorama I'd forgotten about: the TownBuilder System;
also expanded the Newport & Rock Falls section
- 20 January 2018: Added three Z Scale layouts I'd somehow overlooked: A World In My Lap, a
Shelf Layout and the Pine Creek Railroad; also added the N-Trak Module
and Modeling Projects
- 10 January 2018: Reorganized and cleaned up the Home Page
- 5 January 2018: Began The Railwire January 2018 Modeling Challenge
- 29 October 2017: Updated the Reading Central Layout Room
- 6 September 2017: Created David's Track Planning Ideas
- 21 August 2017: Created David's Modeling Reference
- 7 July 2017: Began work on the Reading Central Railroad
- 29 June 2017: Added new pages to the Gorre & Daphetid
- 27 June 2017: Added a page on the streets of Trenton Transportation Company
- 24 June 2017: Created N Scale Figures Database
- 22 June 2017: Created All About Postage Stamp Trains
- 18 May 2017: Added animation pages for the White River & Northern IV
- 17 May 2017: Rockport Junction and Somewhere in New Jersey are done
- 16 May 2017: Created details and structures for the James River Branch
- 15 May 2017: The Gorre & Daphetid is online
- 14 May 2017: The James River Branch is finished
- 3 March 2017: Website launched
Copyright © 2017-2020 by David K. Smith. All Rights Reserved | Site Map