The Railwire January 2018 Modeling Challenge:
Construction Part 1

The first order of business was the main structure on the left end. I started with the end walls: two kit walls were required for each in order to simplify the roofline, because the saw removes too much material to simply cut one part and reassemble it.

The side walls were considerably easier. Since one will be almost entirely covered by extensions, it won't need any modification; the other is made up of parts from two side walls in order to do away with the section that has the door, toward the upper left.

Meanwhile, because the roof of the original kit fits behind the end walls, as opposed to over them, I trimmed the tops of the end wall assemblies back to match the side wall height. Note that I'm ignoring the fact that the roof pitch of the model is significantly different from that of the real building. I also added the center brick parts, along with .080" Evergreen I-beam parts, to the street side end wall.

Previous | Return | Next

Copyright 2017-2018 by David K. Smith. All Rights Reserved.