CNJ South Branch Station
Passenger service at the CNJ South Branch Station began on 1 July 1864 and was discontinued on 25 April 1953. For a time in the 1960s the station served as Danforth's restaurant; today it's occupied by Unity Bank, and has been meticulously restored and maintained.
In this undated aerial, the station is at top right; the nearby turntable (namesake for Turntable Junction) still existed. Note the dots running horizontally above the turntable: this was the trestle for the John C. Roche Coal Yard.
The N Scale Architect #10013 is precisely this building.
Copyright © 2017-2020 by David K. Smith. All Rights Reserved. | Site Map